Thread: help with ph and ppm

Default help with ph and ppm

I just put my seedlings in my ebb and flow system. It only has 8 gallons in the res. my problem is every 2 hours I check the ph, and it is low.....around 5.0 . So I use ph up to about 6. And it falls back down. It makes my ppm go up and right mow they are at 800 ppm. For my general hydroponic nutes schedual, it says to start seedlings out at 300 ppm and mine are at 800ppm because of all the ph up ive used... What can I do?
    Attached Images Attached Images

What kind of General Hydroponic nutrients are you using? I've started to use FloraNova (1 part) and it behaves very strangely. When I do a nutrient change, I've stopped adjusting the Ph initially. The Ph drops from my water Ph of about 6.8 down to 6.2. Then by the next day it rises back up to almost 6.8. When I started using it, I adjusted the Ph of my water first and ended up down around 5.4. I never had this problem with the Flora Series (3 part). I'd recommend starting over. Take note of both the Ph and the ppm of your water with no nutrients. Add the nutrients according to the directions. If you are using 2 or 3 part, make sure you stir a lot between adding nutrients. Also add all nutes to the full reservoir of water, never premix. Check your Ph and ppm again. Watch it over the next few hours and see what happens. You should have to adjust it once and then it should stay. Until the plants get bigger you may see drift on a daily basis, but it should be small.

Quote Originally Posted by vorkus View Post
    What kind of General Hydroponic nutrients are you using? I've started to use FloraNova (1 part) and it behaves very strangely. When I do a nutrient change, I've stopped adjusting the Ph initially. The Ph drops from my water Ph of about 6.8 down to 6.2. Then by the next day it rises back up to almost 6.8. When I started using it, I adjusted the Ph of my water first and ended up down around 5.4. I never had this problem with the Flora Series (3 part). I'd recommend starting over. Take note of both the Ph and the ppm of your water with no nutrients. Add the nutrients according to the directions. If you are using 2 or 3 part, make sure you stir a lot between adding nutrients. Also add all nutes to the full reservoir of water, never premix. Check your Ph and ppm again. Watch it over the next few hours and see what happens. You should have to adjust it once and then it should stay. Until the plants get bigger you may see drift on a daily basis, but it should be small.
    Im using the floranova. I did start over and it seems to be somewhat stable... thanks for the response

Sometimes things growing in your water system will lower your PH level. Could be your growing medium etc.