Thread: Just showing off my first hydroponic grow

Default Just showing off my first hydroponic grow

I am using 2 systems , the aeroflo 30 outdoor with an open greenhouse, and the hydrofarm megagarden system indoor with a 400w switchable ballast. On the megagarden I have cherry tomatoes which have taken off ... they have grown to 2 feet and cover an area of 3x3 in a month and a week from seed. they are already blooming and have the first couple tomatoes on them. I am using general hydroponics flora nova 2 part series on them and they seem to love it at about 700ppm at 6.3 ph. When I had the ph lower they were not doing hot, but still grew like a ****. My tray is full of roots, too about an inch deep and almost snow white. They have not desired any extra supplement of calcium , however I will still add some a couple more weeks into bloom. The second system , my aeroflo, has assorted tomatoes, green peppers, lettuces, brocolli, chives, the delectable alpine strawberry, and last but not least asparagus. Itss been growing for 3 weeks for som and 1 and half for others. My first asparagus has just appeared. I use general hydroponics flora nova 3 part nutes for this system at around 6.0ph and 650 ppm. I also use every 4 days h202 to kill any nasty stuff from forming in the reservours. The upkeep on both are very minimal, although the tomatoes in the megagarden drink about 2 gallons of water 200ppms of food every 3 days... i just add back and bring it back to its mark. I do change reservours every 2 weeks, the h202 keeps it tidy till then.

what do yall think?
    IMAG0277.jpg4 (1 of 1)-5.jpg4 (1 of 1)-7.jpgIMAG0280.jpgIMAG0283.jpg
    Last edited by deezel; 04-09-2012 at 11:35 PM.

Awesome work!

Do you notice big pH swings in the aeroflo?

Quote Originally Posted by Boze View Post
    Awesome work!

Do you notice big pH swings in the aeroflo?
    Not at all, I use gh flora series, so I could say anything about any other nute

Are they both NFT?

Thanks “deezel” for thread. It’s a helpful thread and the image you had uploaded is great. Good job.

Looks really awesome - have you ever built your own systems?

Yes, it’s really looking awesome and "xponics" I am planning to grow lettuce. Can you suggest any best hydroponic system which can be profitable for me?