Thread: newbie question regarding solar powered pumps

Default newbie question regarding solar powered pumps

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to hydroponics because i hate weeding with a passion...plus my dog has boundary issues no matter what i do.
    So looking at the system that sprays the root system with a nutrient rich solution either man made or from fish, would a solar powered pump be enough to work a small setup outdoors...i understand about cloudy days, maybe a battery backup would solve that issue. looking to produce strawberries and 4-8 herbs

there are some great dc operated pumps out there but they're expensive. try looking at a micro inverter & panel and use a standard ac pump instead. I think the total costs are a wash

Thanks for reply “PHILIPPINO_BOY”. Can you suggest some dc operated pump which are less expensive.

Not much activity on this forum...I am using a DC EcoPlus 396 on Solar power. Just getting ready to complete my system for spring. I use a 45 Watt harbor freight solar system with 2 6 volt batteries wired in series and a 300 watt inverter. Just get any inverter and you should be fine. They generate enough power to run at nigh and in the day the sun does the powering.