Thread: Unknown Tomato Problem

Threaded View

Default Unknown Tomato Problem

This year I decided to try growing a tomato plant in in a DWC hydroponic bucket setup and am having an issue I've never seen before. I've grown tomatos in soil on our property for many years and have never really had any issues with disease before, lucky I guess. The plant was purchased at a nursery in one of those 4-6" square pots in potting soil and then left outside for a wk. before I had my DWC system ready to go. When it was brought in one of the leaves had a small bit of brown on the tip which I attributed to maybe some lite frosting and thought nothing of it. After placing the plant in the DWC bucket system this brown stuff started to spread to more leaves. The plant has been growing great, faster then any tomato I've planted in dirt but this stuff seems to be taking over the plant and I have no idea what it is. I've looked online and the pictures of the more common diseases don't match anything I've seen. I thought it was septoria leaf spot or some kind of blight but it don't look quite the same to me at least. I could be wrong though. If anyone has any idea it would be much appreciated. I would hate to lose my first hydroponic tomato. Thanks!
    025 (640x480).jpg
    026 (640x480).jpg
    027 (640x480).jpg
    Last edited by bmbrown911; 05-11-2012 at 02:32 AM.