+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ideal grow room temperature!

Default Ideal grow room temperature!

Most favorable grow room temperature is 70-80 degrees. However, plant seems to be able to absorb more light at higher temperatures perhaps up to 90 degrees. High light and CO2 levels could make this go as high as 95 degrees for increased growth speed. Once flowering starts, it is good to reduce temperature to preserve potency. This may also reduce the speed of growth. Though higher temperatures will make plants grow much faster by exciting the plants metabolism. Checkout the site caligrowkits!

Ideal grow room temp would depend on the crop being grown.

I agree with you, but through high temperature in grow room will make plant to grow much faster by exciting metabolism. My friend wants to grow lettuce, any suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by kellypinto View Post
    I agree with you, but through high temperature in grow room will make plant to grow much faster by exciting metabolism. My friend wants to grow lettuce, any suggestion.
    Lettuce is one of the crops that does not like high temps you'll find it grows much better in cooler temps than hot ones. Lettuce will bolt and burn up in high temps. I grow in Florida and the only way I can keep lettuce going in the summer is to use heat tolerant varieties, shade cloth, and a misting system to keep temps in the greenhouse down. The flip side of that is once summer hits I'm the only one in the area that has lettuce and can sell pretty much all I can grow

Quote Originally Posted by Pineywoods View Post
    Lettuce is one of the crops that does not like high temps you'll find it grows much better in cooler temps than hot ones. Lettuce will bolt and burn up in high temps. I grow in Florida and the only way I can keep lettuce going in the summer is to use heat tolerant varieties, shade cloth, and a misting system to keep temps in the greenhouse down. The flip side of that is once summer hits I'm the only one in the area that has lettuce and can sell pretty much all I can grow
    Thanks for reply “Pineywood”. It’s an informative reply related to Lettuce. It can be useful for me and some other grower facing such issue. Thanks.
    Last edited by kellypinto; 01-27-2013 at 10:55 PM.

Ok,I got it.

+ Reply to Thread