LED Grow Light Opinions - Page 13
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: LED Grow Light Opinions

Everybody should always remember when discussing the toxicity of any given materials, that the environmental impacts are always social choices, not some attribute of the material that is impossible to control.

Bashing LED's is a red herring. You can certainly bash vendors of commercial LED (and plasma) lamps for the garbage science they use to try and fool people, but there is more than ample evidence to prove that LED's are a viable light source, even if they are more expensive at the moment than some other light sources, at least to build one that actually works, but then it's actually pretty close to cost effective in the long run, and with far more ability to control how plants grow.

I purchased a LED grow light and started my test of it on October 18th. I am testing it out on my indoor Lisbon Lemon Tree. The setup is hardly perfect, sitting in a basement that maxes out it's temp at 65 degrees. The light is about 2-3 inches above the tree's highest leaves. The tree is on a chair with a mirror behind it to reflect some of the light but I'm sure most of the light is lost. The basement isn't even finished so it probably doesn't even have the best of air. Yet with all this, since I started the light, there has been new growth. Yes, it has been minimal at best but it had new growth regardless. I'm sure that under ideal temperatures, humidity and other conditions it would have a much faster growth rate. I end my test on November 18th. So far, I'm sold.

I purchased an LED light back in early October. I am running a test to see if LEDs work. It is only suitable to grow one square foot, which is fine for what I wanted to do. It is being used to grow my Lisbon Lemon tree indoors throughout the winter. I'm ending the test on November 18th. As of now, I can say the light works. The growth rate is slow but I think that has to do with the fact the tree is in the basement, where it stays at about 65°F. I think this coupled with stagnant air and the fact that the tree is just sitting on a chair with no reflection has a lot to do with the growth rate. I feel that if conditions were ideal, the tree would be growing much faster. I feel LEDs work. When I have better growing conditions, I can give a better conclusion.

Unregistered Guest

Default LED Grow Light Opinions - Reply to Topic

Aw, this was a really nice post. In thought I want to put in writing like this moreover – taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and certainly not seem to get one thing done.

we're betting that LED grow lights are the future. they are efficient, long lasting and customizable for sprouting, growing and flowering.