Thread: Seeding

Default Seeding

Do i need to grow the seed in another place then after rooting only placed the baby plants into the hydroponic set ? Is this step essential ?

What are you planting and into what kind of system some stuff I direct seed while other things I produce seedlings then transplant into one of my systems

Thank for reply “Pineywoods”. I agree with you and eager to listen from “Jay Jay” about his planting and system he will use. “Pineywoods” can hydroponic system will preferable for lettuce. Any idea about hydroponic or suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by kellypinto View Post
    Thank for reply Pineywoods. I agree with you and eager to listen from Jay Jay about his planting and system he will use. Pineywoods can hydroponic system will preferable for lettuce. Any idea about hydroponic or suggestion.
    Lettuce is an easy short term crop and can be grown in pretty much any type system. I have seen some very simple raft systems that work well for lettuce, I have a friend that does very well growing his in an NFT system. I grow lettuce in a vertical system as well as a recirculating drip system set up on tables

Quote Originally Posted by Pineywoods View Post
    Lettuce is an easy short term crop and can be grown in pretty much any type system. I have seen some very simple raft systems that work well for lettuce, I have a friend that does very well growing his in an NFT system. I grow lettuce in a vertical system as well as a recirculating drip system set up on tables
    Thanks “Pineywoods” for reply. My friend had grown Lettuce in NFT system and it’s non-profitable from him. And he always occur a pH imbalanced problem. So can you suggest some solution for pH query?