Thread: Tomato, Chilly, Lady finger and Bitter Gourd leaves having burn marks and curling

Default Tomato, Chilly, Lady finger and Bitter Gourd leaves having burn marks and curling

Hi everyone! I'm quite new to the world of hydroponics. I'm facing some issue with my tomato, lady finger, green chilly and bitter gourd plants. All these plants were growing nicely and even started flowering. Tomato and lady finger had started bearing fruits. From last couple of weeks the problem started with my plants.

The leaves of my tomato plant started having burn marks at the edges and curled up. Lady finger leaves started having brown patches at the inside. Green chilly leaves too started curling. And now even my bitter gourd leaves started having brown patches inside. Before the brown patch, they weren't looking healthy and wilted. Please refer the pictures attached.

I'm maintaining a pH of 6.3 for the nutrient solution and using the same fruit mix for tomato, lady finger and green chilly. And using veg mix for bitter gourd.

Please help me diagnose the cause for this and what do I need to do to recover my plants? Thanks in advance!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi “pramod”. I had a solution concerning growing tomatoes hydroponically. I have read an article related to growing tomatoes hydroponically. And I know it will be helpful for you.

Here is the link of article..Terrific Tomatoes grown Hydroponically

Hi Kelly..Thanks for the link! But, looking at the attached pics, are you getting any idea what is causing it?

Hi “parmod”. It’s my pleasure to share some informative article. I am not actually getting any idea after considering the image. But shortly I will researched on it and try to get some clarification tips for you.

Thanks Kelly! Even I'm clueless as to what could be the reason. The only reason I can relate to is because of pH.

My nutrient's solution pH is 4.8-4.9. And I add Potassium Hydroxide (56.11) pellets for adjusting the pH to 6.3. Even though KOH is soluble in the nutrient solution, it leaves a white trace which settles at the bottom.

Before I started adjusting pH, I never faced this issue of leaves curls and burning. I've started using NS with the default pH. Gonna use for 2 week and then compare my results.

Hi pramod. I feel bad about not able to solve your problem. But good luck for your crop. Anyway, please share the experience and benefits of using NS, if any for your crop later on.