How bout cool tube reflectors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How bout cool tube reflectors

Default How bout cool tube reflectors

With so many people doing micro grows These are a necessity.IMO

This is true. The temp in my micro-grow was 32c until I went and bought a cool tube. Now it stays at a steady 26c. Perfect!

Default Cool Tube Reflector

We do stock "Cool Tube" Reflectors in 3 sizes: 19", 48" and 60"

Check them out here.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by mwaldron; 04-03-2007 at 04:34 PM.
    Mike W.
    BGH Forum Administrator
    www.bghydro.com

Wink Excellent tubes

I have used a pair of these now for about a year along side 4 of the SunSystem 2s and they perform as well or better. If you are using Gavita bulbs make sure you get a fan that can push air through the small openings left by the bulb otherwise you and your plants will still feel a lot of heat coming from the tubes. Excellent choice for any grow.

Default Fresca sol anyone?

Did you guys mention cooling the hoods with air? Wasnt that state of the art like 20 years ago.LOL I just invested in a Fresca Sol no more wasteing CO2. or exauhsting oddor to the neighbor. Or blowin out precious AC. Cooling the bulb is all that matters after all the reflector dosent get hot on its own.

Unregistered Guest

Am i missing something?, i cant seem to find the 19" cool tube on the store...

The 19" was discontinued by the manufacturer, and we are still trying to source another brand that is similarly priced. We do offer a couple of cool tubes from Sunlight Supply; if you can't locate them on the website let me know and I'll provide you with a link.
    David G.
    BGH Forum Moderator
    www.bghydro.com

Default cool

Is there a good water-cooled light on the market?

The best one I'm aware of is the one that's been out the longest. I don't think it's listed on our website right now, as we had a supply problem for a while and were forced to take it down and I don't think we ever put it back up, but the Hydro Coil always seemed to get the job done.

The problem with water-cooled lights, however, is that in most cases you will either need a 50 gallon reservoir PER LIGHT or an adequate water chiller in order for them to function properly. In addition, most growers find that they must use reverse osmosis water to avoid buildup in the glass and plumbing.

Just some things to keep in mind before switching over.
    David G.
    BGH Forum Moderator
    www.bghydro.com

Default Lighting

I operate an Agricool 1000HPS. They were discontinued after improper operation by operators. Theirs has a water temp. interface imbedded in the base and when wired correctly saves the system upon overheat. For whatever reason people had meltdowns. It is true that 50 Gal. of R/O is needed, heat exchanger also. Only problem was the submersible reservoir pump. Whatever alloy the pump case is, it formed a white milky crap on it and contaminated the rez. along with the heat it generated. Is there anyone else known to have one of these units or to have replacement parts. A note, this is the coolest operation possible, 1000W 8" from canopy causes explosive development. Also, a U.S. patent was issued 10/08 for a water cooled unit, no temp. interface though.