Thread: Lights vs. Air conditioners

Unregistered Guest

Question Lights vs. Air conditioners

Im starting up a room and have 4 1000w.hsp to cool and was wondering how many B.T.U'S would be needed to keep a nice 80 degree temp. I have a 10,200 b.t.u, danby a/c and was told it should be enough. Help me out.

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs up a/c's vs. lighiting solved

hd lights produce 3.4 btu's per watt. So if your running 4 1000w hps. or mh. you will need a 13,600 btu a/c or more. hope this helps you out.

Unregistered Guest

At the least 13,600 btu. Take into account the heat you will be creating running fans/ballasts/ etc within your room. If your ballasts are outside the room you still should try and run your AC unit at less than its capacity to keep it running longer and better throughout the unit's use. 13,600 at the least.

Could you hook a window AC to a growlab? I am trying to figure out how to control heat. The room the tent is in is 80 and 75f at night. So any sugg would be helpful. I will be running a 178 cfm in a 4*4 tent but need to gte that cool air in there. thanks
    Last edited by mrlaroo; 09-27-2009 at 06:35 PM.

You can (with some modifications on your end), but you shouldn't need to. The temperature inside the tent is mainly dependent on the source, or incoming air. See the following post for info:

http://forums.bghydro.com/showthread.php?t=1364
    David G.
    BGH Forum Moderator
    www.bghydro.com

Unregistered Guest

Default Need to air condition my greenhouse and have a couple of questions

Hi,
    I have a greenhouse that is 16ft wide, 48 ft long and 6ft high w/ a poly covering. I suspect I will have problems with ambient air,as I live in the Caribbean. I have a fan and exhaust system but will need to cool the air like 10 degrees minimum.
    What kind of air conditioner would I need, the CFM or BTU etc?
    I was thinking of an evaporative system, however the research I saw said it doesn't work well in very humid environments.

Any and all help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

you could add liquid cooled hoods and that would help a bunch

Heat gain and cooling is a lot more complicated than everybody's opinion here.
    How much heat/cooling is math intensive.

Are you venting all the heat from your light out of the room? Why not use 4 HydroGen Ice Box Heat Exchangers and a chiller?

pates32 Guest

A room air conditioner helps in cooling the air, removes humidity, circulates air, filters out dust and also provides heating.You may control temperature whatever you want for your plant growth.It can be effective way.