+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EZClone system - Why no dome?

Graybeard Guest

Default EZClone system - Why no dome?

A friend just gave me an ez clone system to use. It seems complete, but it has no dome to keep the clone's foliage in a high humidity environment.
    In the cloning section on this site it is mentioned that the aeroponic systems use no dome. Why is this?

The EZ cloners do not include the dome but the Power Cloners do. We have an uncovered aeroponic system on display and it consistently roots a variety of plants. Though a humidome would obviously be beneficial it is not always needed.

Unregistered Guest

Default Humidity Dome???

Hello: This is Billy Blackburn, the inventor and owner of Ez-Clone Enterprises Inc. The Ez-Clone was originally created without a humidity dome specifically because it is NOT necessary! Conventional methods of cloning, which use small plastic trays and a medium to insert the cuttings into, require domes to keep the medium and clones from drying out too quickly. They also require the grower to keep a constant eye on the cuttings to make sure they don't die. The inner workings of an Ez-Clone provide the perfect environment for rapid root growth and because the Ez-Clone gives the cuttings a constant aeroponic mist of solution, there is no drying out to worry about. It was designed to plug in, let it do its thing, and prevent the grower from having to check on it daily. This daily maintenance free unit is exactly what has made the Ez-Clone the most popular cloning system world wide. Also, when cuttings are rooted under domes and the domes are removed when it's time to transplant, the cuttings go through a period of shock and can often die. The companies out there who have attempted to copy my design are simply trying to make the end consumer believe that the dome is necessary and make them think they're getting more with a dome. They say imitation is the highest form of flattery. There's a reason everyone's trying to copy us....peace.

Unregistered Guest

Default how to use

how to use for best resort i just buy one ez but idont now how work

clonerman Guest

Cool EZ Clone 120 Mystery

Hello: Billy Blackburn,

So, I have Two of your 120 unit EZClone Machines and I have a problem... I start with healthy cuttings, 3" to 4" tall, taken from the top terminals of the plant with stems up to .25" in diameter, cut at the node at a 45 degree angle. I use RO water, aerated with two bubblers and the water is circulated between each unit via a water cooler with heater which maintains the water temp at 71 degrees F. I've got (4) T-5 HO lights 30" above each machine and the room temperature is kept at 80 degrees and 45% humidity. I mist them at least once a day but within a week the leaves start to yellow and eventually dry up and die. I can expect maybe 30% of the plants to root after about 3-4 weeks. Frankly, I'm think they need a dome too. Little help...?

Unregistered Guest

Rooting times and behavior are largely dependent on what you are growing. Different strains of tomatoes will end up rooting differently. Some will show resilience under any circumstances while others - not so much.

I mist them at least once a day but within a week the leaves start to yellow and eventually dry up and die. I can expect maybe 30% of the plants to root after about 3-4 weeks. Frankly, I'm think they need a dome too. Little help...?
    Last edited by Henry S; 11-28-2011 at 09:23 AM.

PlantBoxer Guest

Default reduce light for rooting.

To clonerman running 4 T-5's above the cloner, needs to use a very low power light, for better rooting. Untwist 3 of the T-5's.

pates32 Guest

EZCLone system has a two-piece tank, as well as all pumps and pieces necessary to assemble the kit.The EZCLone works for a contained steady flow of air and water so you can protect and nourish new cuttings.

BlaZenGlass Guest

Default why no dome?

If you are having trouble with cuttings damping off try Vita Grow Anti-Wilt.

+ Reply to Thread