Thread: Perfect Starts?

Question Perfect Starts?

I was reading a book I just bought on hydroponics (of course I can't remember the name) and the author mentioned something called "Perfect Starts" that are little "bullets" of growing medium that you can use to start your seeds. I've searched for these things and I can't find anything that looks like what I saw in the book. I'm supposed to be able to just stick the seed in, put it in my hydrodome thing, and it will encourage the roots to grow downward.

Has anyone heard of these or know what they're called, or where I can get them?

This is my first attempt at hydroponics but it seems like those would be the best way to start my seeds.

Thanks!

A hydroponics store will carry them. a normal nursery / garden center won't. to specific an application.

Does anyone know what they're called? I've looked for them on this site and it's a little unclear what I'm looking at. Or if anyone knows somewhere else I can find them that would be great. I live on a small island with no hydroponic stores so I'm limited to what I can find online.

http://www.futuregarden.com/propagat...ct_starts.html

That's what they're talking about in teh book you read (which is called "How To Hydroponics, by Keith Roberto....I own it)

Thank you so much, that is exactly what I was looking for!

I'm thinking of building the lettuce raft from that book first, after I do the perfect start hydrodome thingie. Any last words of advice?

I built the aerospring from that book...two of them actually, and have TONS of pepper plants growing right now.

It's really easy to setup as long as you can get the spray heads, or an equivalent garden sprinkler head (underground type) so you can get the correct fine mist/air mixture that makes these setup an amazing growing environment.

Theyre called Pellets or starter cubes or Plugs. and yes, you can find them on our website or in our store! hope this helps