400w MH/HPS digital ballast?

Thread: 400w MH/HPS digital ballast?

dlake Guest

Default 400w MH/HPS digital ballast?

I was hoping to order a 400w MH/HPS digital ballast from BGH...not really sure if you sell this item though...not really sure if it's even listed honestly. Think you only have 600w and up, nothing for 400w.

I gotta have a reflector that can be exhausted and allow a glass lens. Don't want any bulbs busting and igniting a dry environment.

Safety first kiddos.

We actually stock digital ballasts in wattages as low as 250 watt:
    http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/items.asp...tatus=0&Tp=&Bc=
    (you'll have to scroll down a little bit to see the 400W Lumatek digital ballast)
    David G.
    BGH Forum Moderator
    www.bghydro.com

Unregistered Guest

Default junk

My 400 watt lumatek lasted 3.5 months, as far as I can tell it's junk now. Throw a breaker everytime I turn it on. Working with BG on a return.

Unregistered Guest

Why are the BGH people not explaining why these things are happening and how they are handling their customers?

I'm not quite sure what things you are referring to. If you referring to the previous post, it just states that the ballast is junk. That's not really enough info for me to tell you why the ballast failed. As far as that goes, no ballast, digital or magnetic, has a 0% failure rate. Every once in a while someone is going to get a product that fails and there's not much anyone can do about it. Considering the huge number of Lumatek ballasts we sell, the failure rate, especially over the last year, has been very low. And when a ballast does fail during the first few years, it gets replaced (not repaired) with a brand new ballast. On top of that, the warranty gets reset when the ballast is replaced, so you have another 5 years on the warranty from that point on. So either way, you're investment is covered.

As far as how replacements are covered, you have to keep in mind that all products are warranteed by the the manufacturer - they made the product, and they are responsible for making sure the product performs, and if it doesn't, it's their responsibility to replace the product for the customer. Having said that, at the time of this post, BGH is handling most, if not all Lumatek returns. This means that if your ballast fails, you can send it directly back to us (after receivig an RMA number either through our website or over the phone). We will test the ballast, and if it is indeed defective, we will send you a brand new ballast. The only thing we are not able to cover is shipping charges (again, we are the reseller, not the manufacturer, so there is a limit as to what we are responsible for and what costs we can encur as a retailer).

If you have a defective ballast and are having any issues whatsoever, please send me a private message and I will make sure someone looks into it immediately for you.
    David G.
    BGH Forum Moderator
    www.bghydro.com